Well, I did it, I was one of 'those' Mom's on Saturday. Oh, I didn't do the outfit thing and I don't usually paint my nails but I went full out screaming until I was hoarse and doing the whole, "that's my kid" and "oh, yea, baby, I am the Mom!"
Emma's soft ball team has had an O.K. season, nothing fantastic, Saturday was their last game and they were playing the #1 team fighting to make 3rd place. Emma had the game 'those' Mother's dream of! She made 5 outs in the infield, playing pitcher and one at short stop. At one point during the game we were down 2 to 12 and I was praying the umpire wouldn't call the game. Their biggest girl got up to hit and smacked one into the outfield, Emma made a backhanded running catch, almost diving, and CAUGHT the ball!! The girl was OUT! This is where I went nuts, jumping up and down, screaming, hanging on the fence.... the whole nine yards. It was a spectacular catch, something a little 9 year old girl would NEVER be expected to make, but she did!
It even gets better. Two innings later we are only down one run 13 to 14. Emma's team had two outs, one little girl was on first base and Emma came up to hit. First pitch was thrown and Emma smacks it into the out field, this is where I go completely hysterical, I am on the fence screaming, "RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN"
Emma hit a HOME RUN to WIN the game! Then Paul and I cried.
I don't care what any other parents might have thought, it was a beautiful moment and memory for us all. Emma was awesome and I don't feel a bit bad about being one of 'those' Mom's.
Of course I didn't have my camera or video camera, but you can see some photos of Emma's game on Thursday night HERE.
Onto baseball....
Tucker's team is starting playoff's tonight. They have had a rough Spring, three kids have had broken hands, we lost our first round draft pick and we lost twice as many games as we won.
But something really cool is happening tonight. One of the boys on Tucker's team, has a best friend who was diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago. The boy's parents on the team had been rewarding the boy with $5 a hit per game if he got a hit, (we have all done this I will admit!) but the boy on the team had a better idea. We are playing these playoff games for the little boy with leukemia. The boy's on the team made a large card for him and we have big posters for tonight. The boy on the team has asked his parents to donate his money from his hits to Craig's Cause a fund set up for his friend. The parents decided to do something bigger, they are donating $5 for EVERY hit! So we and other parents on the team have jumped in also and are donating to the cause. Most are doing $1 per EVERY hit the kids get and $5 for every hit their son's get. I am so proud of the boy's and I hope they have a great game tonight!
GO MARLIN'S!
















1 comment:
That is awesome! Go Emma...I think I would've cried too had it been my daughter!
Post a Comment