Imagine my surprise when I came out to water the garden this morning and everything seemed to have started growing overnight! What a nice treat.
The first thing I thought of was my kids, one morning you wake up and they are walking. Next they are talking and than going to school. What happened? I just planted them yesterday, I am sure of it. Where did all the time go?
Here is a look, they are growing beautifully, the garden and the children...
Citrus tree
Basil
Dill
Cilantro
Tomato
Jalapeno
Yellow squash
Green pepper
Zucchini
Bush Beans
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Texas sweet onions
Texas peaches (thank you Miller, for keeping the squirrels off this year!)
What is your favorite part about spring?
















5 comments:
Congratulations! After all that trouble, it's nice to see that so much is growing! I am horrible with plants of any kind, so I'm kind of jealous of your garden.
Maybe someday . . .
I just about fell out of my chair when I saw your beautiful plants. We are just stepping out of frost danger here! We are starting more seedling today for cold sensitive plants, they still can't go into the garden until june 1st! fiddle heads are baby ostrich ferns. They grow in the flood plains around the river that borders the length of our fields. The season in only about 2 weeks long. A special treat and a big seller!
I am impressed! When we first were in Houston Millie and I rented a garden plot and they never looked this good! In fact, they really struggled. Way to go.
Wow....Your garden looks great! I can't wait to have a "real" garden. I'm making do with a terrace garden while we are overseas.
My favorite parts of spring? Opening Day for the Cardinals and my birthday in May! Fresh produce is also at the top of the list! I'm drooling over your garden's bounty...send some to St. Louis!
Post a Comment