When you plan on being in the car for a 19 hour trip one way you must do the following...
- Pack everything you THINK you might need and see if your husband can fit it all in.
- Always bring very messy snacks, like sticky candy and powdered donuts.
- Never underestimate how often a 3 year old needs to pee, and never try to call her bluff.
- Pack the diapers and wipes together in the bottom of a suitcase and pack it first so it is hardest to get out.
- #1 thing to do, forget your glasses so your husband has to do the ENTIRE drive by himself while you play on the laptop.
Tips for getting a hotel with 8 people.
- There is a reason they charge $39.99 a room. Fork out the extra $20 for the $59.99 and you might get clean towels.
- Always say, "It's just my wife and kids" they never could imagine you forgot to tell them about the "other" 4 kids that will be sharing the room also.
- Get 2 queens not 1 king. The king only invites ALL the kids to sleep with you.
- Bring sleeping bags and make the big kids use those.
- Lay all 4 girls the wrong way on the bed... you can only fit 2 the correct way but if you pack them in like sardines you only have to bring in 2 sleeping bags. Hey, their small, and they still think it is fun to be uncomfortable all night.
- NEVER let the baby play with the remote. This is a hotel/motel you never know what channels they have. The 1 year old might flip to something COMPLETELY inappropriate with all the kids watching while Mom is in the bathroom and Dad is cleaning out the car.... They also charge you for the remote when it magically disappears and you can't return it to the front.